The 2020 Rider Application period will be between 1st October – 31st October
Basic criteria for rider selection is as follows:
- The Fund is to help road race riders only, racing during the European road racing season.
- New applicants for funding must be in the under 23 category (for the 2020 season this means born in the years 1998 to 2001).
- Existing funded riders can apply for continuing support if older than the under 23 category.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are either based in Europe or follow a continental race programme outlined by their respective teams, in either case supporting the Fund’s principal objective of pursuing a career in a professional team.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have already secured team placements and arranged accommodation abroad for the 2020 season.
- The Fund must be the primary funding source for riders and must be acknowledged as such, unless discussed previously.
Note – a limited number of places is available for students who are available to compete during the summer (for up to three months) after completing their education.
Full details regarding rider application criteria will be provided closer to the application period.