Rayner Foundation Rider Applications for 2021
Basic criteria for rider selection
- The Rayner Foundation was conceived, and remains focused on road racing only. Funding support is for the full European road racing season only.
- New applicants for funding must be in the under 23 category (for the 2021 season this means born in the years 1999 to 2002)
- Existing funded riders can apply for continued support if older than the U23 category subject to progress.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are either based in Europe or follow a continental race programme outlined by their respective teams, in either case supporting the Rayner Foundation’s principal objective of pursuing a career in a professional cycling team.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have already secured team placements abroad for the 2021 season.
- The Rayner Foundation must be the primary source of funding for riders who receive it and must be acknowledge as such, unless discussed and agreed in writing previously.
- In addition, a limited number of places are available, subject to the same principles laid out above, for students who are available to compete during the summer. This would be for 3 months maximum.
- Any offer of support made is subject to the recipient being able to fulfil the principles laid out above. If the situation with regard to COVID 19 (or similar) disrupts the racing programme we reserve the right to withdraw support until the situation normalises
- Any rider must agree to these conditions before accepting support from the Rayner Foundation.
- The Rayner Foundation have the rights not to pay an individual if they feel the rider has come up short in their commitment and/or providing us with sufficient information required.
- The Committee of the Rayner Foundation reserves the right to select riders to support or not without giving reason.
Applications close 31 October 2020
Successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible after that date
Please send applications to [email protected]